Wednesday, December 30, 2020

So many hopes and challenges lie ahead in 2021

 Mark Glover’s AutoGlo car reviews also can be seen in the Northern & Central California Cruisin’ News magazine published monthly out of Folsom, California.

Sacramento, California -- I want to thank all those who took the time in this most unusual year to read my AutoGlo blog ... and those who occasionally offered some much-appreciated feedback.

Needless to say, you had lots of choices on how to spend your in-home time, and if you picked up some helpful information in my blog along the way, so much the better.

But I'm sure you all join me in saying: LET'S MOVE ON TO 2021 NOW!!!

After the COVID-dominated year of 2020, the year 2021 is full of promise and enormous challenges in the motor vehicle world. Ditto the auto racing worldwide.

A medical solution to the COVID crisis is my biggest prayer in the new year. The first vaccines being administered globally are a positive sign. Beyond that, just think of all that has to be done.

Automakers need to ramp up production at some point.  How much pent-up demand is out there for consumers looking to purchase new motor vehicles?  I can only imagine how many people are waiting to hop into their motor vehicles and travel to parks, cities and beautiful rural settings.  Just going to a restaurant will be a thrill.

And what of California, as lawmakers and consumers grapple with the proposition of internal-combustion engines disappearing from dealer lots in the future?

As for auto racing, I'm longing for the day when I can hear the roar of the crowd above the engine sounds at racing venues around the world.

As we say adios to 2020, I hope that I have provided some enjoyment on those days when you might have been cooped up in the house ... or taking a break from your latest car project in the garage.

Here's wishing all of us well in 2021, and I hope we can return to something resembling the pre-COVID normal.  Personally, I can't wait to rub elbows with my motorhead friends on a regular basis.

Travel safe. Be seeing you up the road.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment