Friday, December 16, 2022

Mazda's CX-9 SUV feels right at home in luxo setting

Mark Glover’s AutoGlo car reviews can be seen here and in the Cruisin’ News, "Oregon, Nevada and California's classic auto news & marketplace."

Sacramento, California -- I took the latest version of the Mazda CX-9 midsize sport-utility vehicle to a special event ... the kind of event where those in attendance are driving motor vehicles priced at $100,000 and up.

So, as you might imagine, I was feeling a bit insecure parking my 2023 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD among so many Cadillacs, Porsches and even a Lotus or Ferrari or two.

I was surprised right off the bat when an event attendee paused and asked: "Say, what is that you're driving?"

Here it comes, I thought.

Instead, he walked over the asked take a look inside my "sharp-looking" sport-ute.

His head emerged moments later with nothing but praise for the "very nice" interior.  And I'm not even sure he spotted the heated/ventilated front seats, the heated steering wheel and automatic LED headlights.

And well, he was right.  My tester had Nappa leather surfaces, passenger seating for six, paddle shifters and a full boat of high-tech safety features.

Sometimes, you don't know what you have until somebody else points it out. And then, after the event was over, it happened again. Another well-dressed gentleman was giving my tester a close look through the driver's window.  And he likewise wanted to take a look inside.

I asked him if he ran into another similarly interested gentleman during the event, and he looked at me like I was a dullard.  So, apparently, this guy's interest was totally independent of the other guy.

Go figure.

Throw in the peppy 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine, smooth cruising characteristics, a max five-star safety rating in federal government crash tests and the CX-9's long list of standard features and buyers of this latest CX-9 might be feeling pretty good about things.

But what they really should feel good about is the price.  The bottom line on my loaded CX-9 was $50,330. For the math-challenged, that would be well short of 100-grand.

You can take that to the bank ... and park the CX-9 amid the high rollers with nary a worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment