Thursday, March 30, 2023

There's more to like in Honda's 11th-generation Accord

Mark Glover’s AutoGlo car reviews can be seen here and in the Cruisin’ News, "Oregon, Nevada and California's classic auto news & marketplace."

Sacramento, California -- Honda bills its 11th-generation Accord midsize sedan as "sleek, powerful and electrified."

Yeah, it's all that.  And you know what that means ... a few more years of monster sales for Honda's venerable, just-the-right-size passenger car.

The new look sparkles.  Let me count the ways that the remade-for-2023 Accord is a consumer magnet.

About that look: Honda extended the body lines to promote a trim, sleek look.  It works.  When I first saw my 2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Sport tester for the first time, I was stunned how much bigger this model looked compared with previous Accords.

In my case, the sporty look was made even saucier by the "Radiant Red" paint job.  Would I feel good taking this car to park at the racetrack?  Yes indeed.

And my run to the track would be a spirited one.  The 2-liter four-cylinder engine combined with Honda's two-motor hybrid system generates a max 204 horsepower and 247 foot-pounds of torque.

I found myself enjoying those numbers to the fullest as a I sprinted the tested Accord around the suburban streets and on busy highways.  I couldn't help myself.  I was jetting everywhere, even on a quick run to the post office.

Kudos to Honda engineers for incorporating such a robust punch in a hybrid power plant.  And it's guilt-free: the fuel mileage numbers on the tester were an impressive 46 miles per gallon in the city and 41 mpg on the open road.

One significant note on the hybrid system: Honda says that 50 percent of Accord sales will be hybrid models.

For those who seek plentiful perks in their midsize transportation, Accord does not disappoint.  The list of standard features on the tester was lengthy and downright luxurious. The lineup includes at 12.3-inch color touchscreen, a multi-view rear camera, a driver-attention monitor, a power/tilt moonroof and a driver's 10-way power seat.

Craftsmanship is, frankly, exceptional.

Throw in a full boat of contemporary safety features, and you're talking about the ideal midsize model in full. And on the loaded tester, a very fair price of $33.445.

Best Accord ever?  You'll have to try it first. But my vote is YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment